Thursday, February 5, 2009

Republican Candidate Sends Phony Democratic Mailing


I came home from work and was mystified to find a slick postcard mailing splashed with Democratic blue and featuring prominent donkey logos promoting Alan Weaver for Nunda Township Assessor. I went to his web site and confirmed that he is running in the Republican primary. My guess is that this was a special targeted mailing to Dems to get us to vote in the Republican primary under the theory that anyone opposed to the incumbents are our allies. It does mean that he is pretty well financed for a Township campaign if he can afford to print and send a special mailing to Democrats. I am not sure if he will succeed in attracting any votes. I think his message is confusing. And as a real Democratic candidate for office in Nunda Township, I certainly won't be voting in a Republican primary or encouraging anyone else to do so.
Patrick Murfin,
Candidate,
Nunda Township Trustee

No comments:

Post a Comment